Life is Beautiful

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I feel it all

I realized something about myself tonight- I really do want world peace. One of my dearest friends called me tonight very distraught and heartbroken and while talking to her, all I wanted was for things to be right, for her to be happy and for life to be beautiful in her eyes again. As I listened to her crying, my heart just ached because as much as I could tell her that I loved her and that everything would work itself out because this life really is about happiness, I knew that it wasn't enough and there was nothing more I could do.

It was one of those humbling moments where I had a small glimpse of what it must be like to be Heavenly Father and the Saviour; they love each person with a pure and infinite love, how hard it must be to watch those they love so dearly struggle, feel heartache, be stressed, or anything to that affect. I am by no means a good comparison to the Saviour, I falter daily, but I do believe that I felt some of His love tonight and some of His heartache. And I think I understood a little more of the Atonement- Christ loves each of us so much that He took those pains and sorrows that we feel in this life upon Himself so that we would not have to feel them in the next, provided that we do our best to be like Him.

I don't know a lot about life; I don't know how things are going to turn out or when, I don't know what I'm supposed to do or how, but there is something I do know that becomes clearer to me more and more: this life is happiness, it is beautiful and though it's easy to be caught up in the sad things, there are more wonderful things to love.

Fly away to what you want to make, there's nothing stopping you :)

2 comments: