Life is Beautiful

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Good Things

There's been a lot of good things this week that make me smile.

- THE MAVS WON!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

It's not like I'm a huge Mavs fan or anything, I just think Lebron James is way over-rated, but thank to James, Bill Simmons has been writing some of the funniest articles ever.

- our apartment is mostly done and unpacked and it feels great! I'm the type of person who gets really stressed/bothered by things in boxes so getting the things out of the boxes or up on the walls is great. The only thing we need now is a kitchen table and chairs and we're finished :)

- my sister is going to have her baby soon!! we are very excited to welcome a new little baby girl into our family and I know my sister is done with being pregnant. My nephew, however, may not be as excited- he's been the apple of his parents' eye for the last 3 and 1/2 years so this is going to be quite the adjustment. The other day, he told me that he wouldn't be sad that I was getting married if I promised to love him more than the new baby... He's also proposed that the new baby live at Grandma and Grandpa's house while he lives at Mommy and Daddy's... it's gonna be rough for the little guy.

- today is our 1 month anniversary and it's been the best month of my life. I definitely have married one of the greatest and most amazing people on earth. Funny things that have happened in our first month of marriage:
- bad food poisoning on the honeymoon (this wasn't actually funny, but we got to know each other A LOT better).
- saying the same things at the same time all the time
- knowing what the other person is thinking without them saying it (it's like being married has given us ESP)
- drinking a gallon of chocolatey milk in 2 days.
- eating 2 packs of cookies in 1 day.
- almost hitting a group of quails while driving home (I screamed, 'YOU CAN'T HIT QUAILS' at the top of my lungs, which scared the quails.)
- placing a book shelf somewhere else in our bedroom because we don't want to move our bed (the bed is also blocking what would be a very useful plug in the wall)
- hanging up a picture of Middle Earth and both screaming when it fell down while watching a movie

- Casey won his soccer game tonight and we got Dr. Pepper after- 2 for 1 :)

- Katy Perry came out with a new music video today, 'T.G.I.F.; it's hilarious and makes me love Katy Perry more. Even better is that the video co-stars Rebecca Black. I feel like it's a huge 'IN YOUR FACE' to the world- every one ragged on her because she recorded one of the worst songs in music history and she gets to be in a music video with Katy Perry, which is my dream (second to being in a Kanye West music video). Touche, Rebecca Black, touche. Here's a link if you're interested in watching: http://www.vevo.com/watch/katy-perry/last-friday-night-tgif/USCA31100045

- Our dear friends Brigham and Jess got the apartment kitty corner (and up a level) from ours, which means we'll be neighbours and we'll have friends!! we're excited for them to come live by us in August :)

- our fish, Jaws, is eating and it makes me happy to know he's not going to starve to death. I've also tried feeding him bits of people food, just to see what happens- so far, he likes cheese, but doesn't like bread or oats.

- we own all of the Toy Story's :)

- My friend Emily comes home this week from her mission in Argentina and I'm very excited to see her.

- we merged bank accounts this week, which was one of those, 'yeah, we're married' steps in life. I liked it :)

and that's everything I can think of right now. I still don't have a job, which makes life really boring and stresses me out, but I'm looking and I have faith that something will work out. If anyone knows any recommendations, they're greatly appreciated :)

3 comments:

  1. krist! so glad i found that you have a blog! love it :) happy one month!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what kind of job you are looking for, and I'm assuming you are in Utah still with this one, but I know Utah First Credit Union in AF is hiring a new teller. Not related to your degree I know but it is a job. By the way I'm so happy for you and we should get together so I can meet your hubby, I feel like it is wrong that I haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly! thanks for the recommendation, i'll check it out. and i would love to see you and johnny! please let me know when you're free so we can get together- i miss you!!:D

    ReplyDelete