Life is Beautiful

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

America's Sweetheart

When I was little, I watched a lot of old television. I've seen every episode of 'I Love Lucy', 'Scooby-Doo', 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show', 'The Dick Van Dyke Show', etc. I don't exactly know how this happened- maybe because my parents trusted TV-land and early morning Cartoon network more than other networks, but whatever the reason, it resulted in an undying love for old-time television (I still am in love with Dyke Van Dyke).

One of my favourites was 'The Golden Girls', not particularly because I love older lady drama, but because I LOVE Betty White. Since I was 8 years old, one of my dreams has been to meet Betty White. I want to be her when I'm old (I also want to be Queenie from 'Larkrise to Candleford', in case you were wondering).

Yesterday, while flipping channels, I came across the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award for Morgan Freeman and there was a introduction by Betty White. and I about died. I think she is easily one of the funniest ladies in Hollywood, and she's just so darn cute! You know if she was your grandma, you would love every minute of your life.

So in honour of my favourite Golden Girl, here are some of my favourite Betty White moments.

Enjoy :)







The AFI Lifetime Achievement Award


Opening Monologue on SNL


SNL Gingey

Superbowl Snicker's Commercial

Betty White on Craig Ferguson
(some language, but so funny)

Betty White acceptance speech for the SAG Awards


also, in case you were wondering, Betty White has written a new book called 'If you ask me (and of course you won't) and it's the best.


I just love Betty White :)

No comments:

Post a Comment