Life is Beautiful

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Golden Moments

it's funny, I usually copy/paste my blogs because I tend to not capitalize my i's and because I'm lazy, I just let spell check do it for me. Tonight as I went to copy/paste something, I guess I forgot to actually copy it so I just pasted what ever the last thing I had copied was. This is what I pasted:

"Never let an earthly circumstance disable you spiritually."

This came from a talk by Elder Donald L. Hallstrom from the past General Conference in April 2010 that I read yesterday and it was one of those moments where it was exactly what I needed to read. Even though it focused on not being offended by those who do you wrong, I realized it's applicable to life in general. I'm sure you guys have noticed that I sometimes freak out about life; I'm easily one who gets caught up in the now and I get flustered when things don't go how I feel they should or expect them to. Basically, I let the little earthly things get in the way of my spiritual happiness and that's something I want to be better at. I think a huge part of life is learning to endure and overcome, not in the negative sense where you just have to get through it, but also in a more positive sense that you grow, learn and become better because of it.

So, moral of the story: I want to be spiritually stronger so when life's challenges come my way, I can turn to the Lord and be able to endure all things. deal : )


ps- this is a link to the talk, in case you're interested: http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1207-25,00.html

1 comment: