Life is Beautiful

Monday, April 5, 2010

It's Just Another Manic Monday

My mom is in the ER. again. and it's getting harder and harder not to freak out about it. I don't like talking about this much because it makes me sad, but the general story is this: my mom has discs in her back that have deteriorated and cause severe pain in her back and neck. For the last month, she has had a constant headache the goes from the base of her neck to just behind her eye. She's had tests done, CT Scans, an MRI, and more medicine than I knew was legal to prescribe (who knew Valium came in pill-form?).
I had a feeling something was wrong when I called today and she didn't answer. I called later to mourn with my deeply devoted Butler-fan mother (good game gents) and my dad called back a few minutes later, which just isn't a good sign. She's now been admitted in to the ER and tonight's performance consists of test after test until they figure out what's causing this pain and what's wrong.
It's a sad and strange feeling when someone you love so deeply is suffering so much so far away from you and there's very little you can do about it. My mom is an incredibly strong woman and I know she will overcome this, I'm not worried about that too much. But I don't like knowing she's suffering, I don't like that I'm not there with her, and I don't like that my super hero is fading. I admire my mom beyond words- she means the world to me and has been the best example to me of more than motherhood. She is my best friend, she is my most forgiving friend and she is the example of who I want to be most like in this life because she has a Christ-like glow about her and because she is everything beautiful.

I know that everything is in the Lord's incredibly mindful and capable hands. I know that this too shall pass. It just takes time and there's plenty of that to go around.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We should get together sometime soon. I has been far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, I am so sorry to hear about Candi. She is a strong woman and I admire her very much. I guess I will have to make a call and see how everything is going. Wish we lived closer so that I could help her in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for your prayers- she will be fine, it's just a sort of waiting game until they doctors can figure out what's going on and how to fix it. thank you again :)
    and yes Holly! we should get together some time, it's been a while. let me know what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete