Life is Beautiful

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cry Me A River

I don't usually make it a habit to discuss politics because they usually upset me. I also don't like complaining much. But both are in this post. Sorry lovers, I'll be better next time.

I saw a group on facebook today, which read as follows: "Dear God, This year you took my favourite actor, Patrick Swayzie. You took my favourite actress, Farah Fawcett. You took my favourite singer, Michael Jackson. I just wanted to let you know, my favourite President is Barack Obama. Amen."
When I first saw this, I confess I found it amusing. But on second thought, I just find it sad. So you don't like the president; I get it, but there's nothing that can be done until next election. He's the current guy in charge. Fighting him isn't really gonna do a whole lot. And wishing him death just strikes me as morally wrong. I'm not naive, I know there's sides to politics and that you're not going to agree with each and every policy. I don't agree with all of Obama's policies either. Here's the thing though: if we don't all work together, nothing is going to happen. Progression is a group effort. I don't want to be with people who aren't willing to work or compromise and instead, spend their time conjuring ways in which to kill the President. If we can't come together, it's going to cause more problems than fix.


So build that bridge and get over it lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment