Life is Beautiful

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Listen to the Music

Alright lovers, we're going to play a listening game. If you've read this far, participation is mandatory.

Step 1: Copy and paste the following link into a separate tab and pick one of the songs listed (they're all the same song so it doesn't matter too much, with the exception of the awkward song entitled 'jealousy rides with me') - http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=soul%20meets%20body

Step 2: give thanks for Grooveshark.

Step 3: let it load completely.

Step 4: while listening, read the lyrics below (courtesy of AZlyrics.com).


I want to live where soul meets body
And let the sun wrap its arms around me
And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing
And feel, feel what its like to be new

Cause in my head there’s a greyhound station
Where I send my thoughts to far off destinations
So they may have a chance of finding a place
where they’re far more suited than here

And I cannot guess what we'll discover
When we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels
But I know our filthy hands can wash one another’s
And not one speck will remain

Chorus:
And I do believe it’s true
That there are roads left in both of our shoes
But if the silence takes you
Then I hope it takes me too
So brown eyes I hold you near
Cause you’re the only song I want to hear
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere

Where soul meets body (x2)

Chorus.

There's a lot of songs that go straight to my heart. And the other day, I discovered that this was one of them. I've listened to this song countless times, but for whatever reason, as I was sitting on my bed, struggling through writing a summary about Soussure (structuralism. yikes.), I started listening to this song and I felt myself falling in love with the lyrics, with the power of the instruments, with his voice, with everything. My heart was listening and hanging on every word; I listened to it about 5 more times and finally, I was able to go to the next song.

I wish I could better describe what I felt when I really listened to this. Maybe it's because it's so beautifully relevant to everything that my heart is feeling right now that I fell in love. My heart feels the sun all the time and there's nothing I love more, it feels a newness that's been missing for so long, a newness that cleanses and brings me pure happiness. My thoughts run wild with wonderful dreams- I only hope they find a more suited place and turn into the most fantastic reality. People can change the world by healing each other, by washing one another, by forgiving, by forgetting; I see so much potential in this world, I can't believe otherwise. I know that there are roads left in my shoes- I have so much that I want to do with my life and I have the talent, the energy, the support, the strength and the love to do it, nothing is going to stop me. And there is just one song I want to hear, for ever and always and I know that someday, I will and it will be a melody meant just for me softly soaring through my atmosphere.

End of game :)

1 comment: