Life is Beautiful

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Guetta Blaster


Statement: it's hard not to love nerdy French men who are DJs and Kelly Rowland.

I was listening to Pandora today (the Lady Gaga station- it's good, real good) and the song, "Sexy Chick" by David Guetta feat. Akon came on (apparently it also has a little more colourful name, but that's what Pandora called it so I'm going with Pandora). I'm sure you've all heard this song (here's the link in case you haven't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwzU826qD4 - favourite line: I'm tryin' to find ways to describe this girl without bein' disrespectful. Thanks Akon. also, minor language- you've been warned). And I danced in my chair a bit while writing my Roman paper.

Anyways,it sparked my interest to Wikipedia David Guetta to see who he is and what other songs he's written. Turns out the guy's way awesome- he helped write/produce Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feelin", which is one of my favourite jams of all time. He's French, which is cool because everyone rags on the French and he's a gem to be proud of. He's worked and produced with a bunch of people, including Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Madonna, Lil' Wayne (MY.HERO.), Flo Rida, Chris Willis, Taio Cruz and Rihanna. He's won a bunch of awards from all over the globe. He did a cool cover of David Bowie's "Heroes". And he's just super great.

I know I'm about 2 years late, but in my search of all things David Guetta, I found this song. and I'm in love. It's called 'When Love Takes Over' featuring Kelly Rowland. and it's beautiful. I love it because it's happy, makes me want to dance around and really shows how powerful Kelly Rowland's voice is, enough to make you wonder why she hasn't been as popular as Beyonce. Here's a link to the video (he's the smiley guy pushing around the DJ equipment). There's kinda a weird underwater bit, some glimpses of a hott make-out and this guy with fire thingies... just remember you're listening more than watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxPrbhmci4A

I love the high five at the end.

I <3 David Guetta.

No comments:

Post a Comment